♫ Fleetwood Mac - Think About Me
One of my best friends (Katie) lives in California and recently she sent me a parcel of goodies for my birthday which was back in February. It was such a nice surprise as my birthday really was done and dusted. Even though she's so many miles away, she knows me too well and this parcel sent me into a frenzy, the good kind of course. I couldn't believe the things she picked up for me. Katie girl, if I don't say it enough, I love you almost as much as I love Ryan Gosling.
1. Ryan Gosling Tote bag. - Being the crazed Gosling fanatico that I am, as soon as I saw this I squealed, I mean proper squealed out loud... I'm pretty sure it was a sound only dogs could hear. Anyway I am lacking in tote bags and frankly this one is too nice (and sexy) for me to carry to the supermarket / gym or other such places. I shall take it out when I know I'll only be carrying lip gloss or something.
2. Our summer in pictures. - Katie came to visit me last summer and we had an absolute blast, I showed her around my sucky hometown and we also did the standard London touristy thing, this album was adorable as it had some of the many, many pictures we took during our two weeks together. <3 Best gift ever.
3. "Hey Girl" notebook. - I saw this on a few American websites and planned to make the inevitable order once I got around those pesky shipping and customs fees and yet my beautiful friend saved me the hassle by getting it for me. BEST NOTEBOOK EVER! Yes even better than the one you starred in a movie about, Mr. Gosling.
4. Peter pan collar blouse. - I am obsessed with Peter Pan collars, I've never actually mentioned this to Katie and yet she gets this gorgeous blouse from ModCloth for me. Love. I have always browsed the ModCloth selection on the regular and admired the clothes but never actually made an order so this present was appreciated in more ways than one.
5. BeneFit Moonbeam. - Fans of this product will know it's been discontinued. Upon learning this I fell to ground and sobbed my little heart out. Once I got over my drama queen tendencies I scoured the internet to secure the last remaining bottles of a product I've been using for over ten years to no avail. I finally came across a website but it was an American one, so came to the rescue my wonderful Americano pal! I will definitely make these two bottles last for the rest of my life. I don't plan to live that long so this should be sufficient.
6. Lucas birthday card. - This is one of the best birthday cards I've ever received, I couldn't help but smile as soon as I opened it. We both adore the movie 'Empire Records' and we both love Lucas. "Superb."
7. 'The Breakfast Club' badges. - My favourite movie ever is 'The Breakfast Club' so to get a badge named after each character... perfect. I'd like to think I'm the girl version of John Bender although I'm not sure going round asking strangers if they've raided Barry Manilow's wardrobe is enough for that but whatevs, the "Criminal" badge is so going on my blazer. :)
8. Frilly socks. - I love frilly socks! I have a blog post attesting to this so these are a lovely pair to add to my collection.
9. Orange ring. - I'm very fond of jewellery (especially rings) and I can't say I own any orange jewellery even though I love the colour so this is very much appreciated. A girl can never have too many rings.
And I'm saving the best gift for last, something we have exchanged for YEARS. It's how Katie has introduced me to some truly awesome music and hopefully vice versa. Why it's only my favourite thing in the world to make and receive... mix CD's! Nothing excites me more than a new mix CD made by a person with good taste in music. I hope this is a tradition that will carry on until we're old and still rocking out to Radiohead, Blur and Grizzly Bear (the first band we ever saw together! <3) Thanks again for making my (belated) birthday so special. Love you, my Americano cupcake!